symphony-V symphony-V Virtual Model HS256
Licensed capacity in TBs included per server: 256
Max. servers allowed per group: 64
Support is required and must be ordered separately!
symphony-V software solves many of the difficult storage-related challenges raised by server and desktop virtualisation in contemporary data centres and cloud environments.
The software forms an active, transparent virtualisation layer across diverse storage devices to maximise the availability, performance and utilisation of disk resources in IT organisations large and small.
Federates dispersed storage resources to:
- Maximise their combined value
- Overcome device-specific differences
- Provide higher levels of service than devices can offer individually
- Auto-discovers available space
- Supports thin provisioning
- Selects best path
- Sets adaptive cache
- Creates HA mirror
- Load balances disk channels
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2, 2003 and 2000
- Microsoft Windows 7 and XP
- Apple Mac OS X
- IBM AIX
- Sun Solaris
- RedHat Linux
- SUSE Linux